Please contact us with any other questions.
For patients with chronic respiratory failure consequent to COPD, severe neuromuscular disorders, or severe restrictive thoracic disorders, Apria offers NIV (non-invasive ventilation) therapy.
The primary goal of NIV is to reduce the work of breathing for patients in chronic respiratory failure.
NIV can help patients:
- Decrease the work of breathing and burden on respiratory muscles
- Reduce daytime sleepiness and morning headaches
- Improve sleep quality
- Maintain or improve the oxygen/carbon dioxide levels in the blood
- Inflate the lungs more fully
- Enjoy a better quality of life
NIV can help patients to be more independent with activities of daily living and less likely to be hospitalized for breathing-related episodes.