Test Your Understanding With These 10 Statements!
There are many misconceptions surrounding COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
But as Lesley Williams, Apria’s Market Clinical Trainer and a registered respiratory therapist, points out, “The first step to effectively managing your COPD is to have a better understanding of it. That’s why we created this blog.”
Take a moment to answer the following 10 questions and see how you do.
Apria is a leader in COPD management
We offer custom treatment plans, work closely with your physician’s office care team to manage your COPD through its many stages, deliver a wide range of treatment options, and provide ongoing monitoring to optimize your treatment. Learn more.
1. Newman, T. (2021, November 25). Medical Myths: All About COPD. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/medical-myths-all-about-copd.
2. National Center for Health Statistics. Leading Causes of Death. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm.
3. Myths Busted: Get the facts about COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Chest Foundation. https://foundation.chestnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/COPD-Mythbuster.pdf.
4. 4 Biggest Myths About Your COPD — and How to Cope. Cleveland Clinic. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/4-biggest-myths-copd-cope/.
5. Orenstein, BW. (2019, June 17). 5 COPD Myths That Can Actually Make You Sicker. Everyday Health. https://www.everydayhealth.com/conditions/copd-myths-that-can-make-you-sicker/.
6. DerSarkissian, C. (2022, January 19). Myths and Facts About COPD. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/lung/rm-quiz-myths-facts-copd.
7. (2017, January 19). 10 COPD Myths and Facts. COPD News Today. https://copdnewstoday.com/social-clips/10-copd-myths-facts/.
8. William, S. (2018, October 15). Myths about COPD. COPD Foundation.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Material in this newsletter is provided for general health education and informational purposes and to provide references to other resources only; it may not apply to you as an individual. While Apria Healthcare believes that the information provided through this communication is accurate and reliable, Apria Healthcare cannot and does not make any such guarantee. It is not intended to be a replacement for professional medical advice, evaluation, diagnosis, services or treatment (collectively, “medical treatment”). Please see your healthcare provider for medical treatment related to you and your specific health condition(s). Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read on or accessed through this website. Reading this newsletter should not be construed to mean that you have a healthcare provider/patient relationship.