Please contact us with any other questions.
Dear Medicare Beneficiary:
Please help us protect your home respiratory benefit and services.
On January 1, 2016 Medicare initiated a drastic reduction in reimbursement for home oxygen therapy and other home
medical equipment. Another significant cut is scheduled to go into effect on July 1, 2016, reducing reimbursement rates by nearly 50% for some items.
The initial cuts have had a devastating effect on many equipment providers, and we are concerned that the government has not taken adequate time to evaluate the potential negative impact of these cuts on continued access to quality products and services for Medicare beneficiaries like you.
If the scheduled reimbursement cuts take place on July 1st, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services that exceed Medicare’s requirements. Here are a few of the “above and beyond” services we provide today:
• Coordination with hospital discharge planners
• Provision of services when you request them as opposed to on a set schedule
• Home oxygen to rural areas
• Home oxygen to areas located more than 30 miles from our branch location
• Home medical equipment to rural areas
• Home medical equipment to areas located more than 30 miles from our branch location
• Enhanced access to Respiratory Therapists
• Off cycle deliveries of portable oxygen
• Accepting your Medicare and/or coinsurance as payment in full (Medicare assignment)
How can you help? You can help by calling your United States Senators and your Congressional Representative and telling them to stop the next cut from taking place on July 1, 2016. Or you can visit the Council for Quality Respiratory Care (CQRC) website at www.cqrc.org and click on the “Take Action Now” button to send an email message to your Senators and Representative about delaying the next reimbursement cut until an adequate evaluation of the impact that these cuts will have on beneficiaries is completed.
Please, do not wait. Contact your Senators and/or Representative today. We want to be able to continue to provide the quality products and services that you deserve. However, without your help, we may be forced to severely reduce the high quality service you receive today.