Apria Travel Support and Services
Go Places with Our Great Escapes™ Program
With our program, you'll discover that traveling with oxygen and other medical equipment can be comfortable and convenient. By planning and following a few important guidelines, you can travel almost anywhere within the United States.*
Call your Apria branch at least a month before your trip so we can make arrangements to meet your needs.
Download the Great Escapes program kit that has detailed information about the program.
A current prescription and Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN) are required for Apria to supply oxygen and prescription drugs. If you are a current Apria customer, we will forward these documents for you to your travel destination. If you are not an Apria customer, your prescriptions must be forwarded to us in advance of your travel to an Apria location.** It is recommended that you keep a copy of your prescription in case of emergency situations.
Call your Apria branch 4 to 6 weeks before you plan on leaving (or as soon as possible). The time is needed to allow us to make arrangements, including ensuring that Apria branches are prepared to meet your specific needs.
Weekday vs. Weekend Travel
Apria's weekend hours vary by location. Our hours are Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you travel on weekends, you may incur extra charges.
If you are not already an Apria customer, payment for travel services will be expected prior to or upon delivery of equipment. We will not bill your insurance or current provider for any services rendered.
Traveling with a Portable Oxygen Concentrator
Are you planning travel and want to take a Portable Oxygen Concentrator? No problem. Whether traveling* by train, car, ship, or plane, renting a portable oxygen concentrator from Apria makes travel easier.** There are a few simple steps you need to take to reserve a unit for your trip.
- Download the Portable Oxygen Concentrator request form (pdf). This form and all related documents should be completed and provided to your local Apria Healthcare branch at least 10 business days prior to your departure. Doing so will help us ensure that we have a unit available at the time of your trip.
- Review the rental information on page 1 of the form for important information, such as minimum rental time span (7 days) and payment information.
- Type in the details of your travel plans on page 2 of the form.
- Print the form and have your doctor complete and sign the prescription page (page 3).
- Submit the form to Apria. A completed Portable Oxygen Concentrator request form must be submitted with the signed prescription to your local Apria branch at least 10 business days prior to your travel.
Now you are ready to visit your local Apria branch so we can set up everything for your travels.
Thank you for choosing Apria Healthcare to assist you in planning your travels with a Portable Oxygen Concentrator unit. Please note: All our portable oxygen concentrators come standard with a charger and are FAA approved.
Equipment and Supply Pick-Up or Delivery
Most home medical equipment rentals, small respiratory therapy equipment rentals, and oxygen supplies will need to be picked up at your destination Apria branch. An additional transportation fee so that you may have oxygen services delivered to you at an airport gate, or train or bus station during a layover or upon arrival, may apply. Other nominal travel coordination fees may apply if you are not a current customer of Apria Healthcare.**
* The Great Escapes program is a domestic travel program only and does not include international travel. International travel is the sole financial responsibility of the traveler.
** Apria Healthcare is not required to service non-Apria customers and may decline services to non-Apria customers at the local branch's discretion.